Orchard Main Page
Orchard is a low-power, multi-band radio-connected embedded computing solution. In other words, it's an IoT platform.
Orchard is open source hardware and software.
Orchard is also a supply chain solution. Derivatives of Orchard are meant to be prototyped easily and brought to volume manufacturing with less effort than typical. A quick-turn supply chain has been set up in China and it is the foundation of the MIT Media Lab Manufacturing Bootcamp curriculum. No, our supply chain is not for sale -- we use it for Kosagi internal projects.
Basic feature set:
- Kinetis-W CPU
- 48 MHz Cortex-M0+
- 128k flash, 16k RAM
- 900 MHz radio with +13dBm transmit power (for long-range applications)
- BLE radio (for short-range, low power connection to IP gateways)
- 128x64 OLED
- 3-axis Accelerometer
- Microphone sensor
- Captouch button controller
- Lithium ion battery solution
- Gas gauge for accurate battery life determination
- Charging solution that can support high-capacity batteries
- Integral 5V boost
The firmware is ChibiOS 3.0, a lightweight, real-time operating system. We also use the ugfx libraries and libfixmath to implement a graphical UI and more advanced math capabilities.
- Orchard Firmware Developer's Guide
- Orchard Electronics Developer's Guide
- Orchard Mechanical Developer's Guide