Novena firmware changelog
This kernel replaces linux-3.17-novena-rc5. It improves thermal performance and adds more drivers. It does not yet include 3D acceleration.
- Removed galcore driver, preventing 2D and 3D acceleration from working. Previous releases had issues with memory corruption.
- Fixed Hibernate support. To gain Hibernate support, you will need to increase the size of partition 2 (the swap partition).
- Attempt to improve reliability of eDP board, making the screen more stable. Thanks to Job for a resume-from-hibernate patch.
- Improve I2C reliability, making devices more likely to be detected on boot.
- Set RTC to 12uF, which improves reliability of clock when board is powered off.
- Enable many more modules, at the request of the community.
This bootloader replaces the previous -rc12 release. It does not update the SPL file at the start of the disk, as the SPL has not changed.
- Add IT6251 LCD support.
- Add "lidbootblock" flag to prevent board from booting when lid is shut.
- Add "lidbootblock" flag to legal flag list
- Reset the Mini PCIe USB port on suspend/resume, to improve Bluetooth reliability.
- Install novena-usb-hub as setuid.
This is a new package that contains firmware for the Senoko power supply board. This package is recommended for all users.
- Fix I2C lock bug. This improves I2C performance on Novena as well.
- Increase thresholds for battery powerdown. This makes it less likely that the battery will be deeply discharged.
- Enable WFI when Senoko is idle. This will reduce power consumption slightly.
- Increase the charge thread from 2.5 seconds to 55 seconds.