Topic: Using Senoko without Novena

I got an extra senoko from crowdsupply, and I want to try using it to power other motherboards (like, say, a raspberry pi). What is the minimum connections I will need to get something functional? Power rail, of course, and I assume a UART so that I can change the settings to match the battery I get. Anything else that is absolutely necessary for a first pass?

Re: Using Senoko without Novena

It depends on how functional you want it to be.  The big problem is that the voltage that comes out at battery voltage levels (usually 8-13V) which needs to be regulated to power a Raspberry Pi.  The 5V pins are NC on Senoko, everything comes through the +12V pins (with signaling done on the +3.3V pins).

Right, I did figure I'd need a step-down board for the power rail.

Follow on question: how few cells can senoko handle? Could it handle a single-cell battery? That's much less voltage.

@singpolyma: When did you place the order. I seem to have completely missed the window.

@dileepvr a week or two ago?  Basically the day I got the email from CrowdSupply.

Gmail appears to have sorted all my CrowdSupply mails to the "promotions" folder. Oh well.

It can handle two, three, or four cells.  The input AC adapter needs to be greater than the charging voltage of the battery, which is likely something along the lines of [# of cells] x 3.7.  Senoko can handle up to 24V, but try to keep your input adapter to below 23V.

I did this with my hand-mounted senoko!
http://www.kosagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=32